Wod on the Waves is a fitness vacation adventure like none other! A little bit about us in a nutshell …
We are a privately chartered health-themed cruise created specifically to bring together fitness enthusiasts, health and wellness experts, and some of the world’s top athletes to celebrate the community on board Royal Caribbean International’s Mariner of the Seas!! Why is the ship so important? Well, how about the fact that it just completed a $120 million renovation in June 2018 making the ship practically brand new!
On board you can choose from an array of restaurants serving amazing meals, from sushi and hibachi to freshly made pasta at Jamie’s Italian, and tasty bar bites at Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade. EC Synkowski has completely overhauled the food offering. There will be no canola oil or vegetable oil used on board. There are paleo options, keto options, gluten-free options, etc. Whatever your dietary needs, we’ve got you covered! And because this is for the fitness obsessed, menus on the cruise will also display nutrition information so vacationers can still track their macros while on the high seas.
Need to keep things constantly varied? Why not try climbing, swimming, the casino, mini golf, the arcade, the spa, surf on the flowrider or star gaze at the observatory? Whatever you like to do, then WOD on The Waves will have you covered!
An exciting nightlife scene will come alive through nightly themed parties and events with various WOD athletes. If time with your friends is what you desire, you can hit up one of the 11 bars on board and have a nightcap after your WOD!
But alas … we have saved the best for last! The daily, customized classes will dive into barbell technique, aerobic capacity, dumbbell method and sandbag classes. Joining the cruise’s lineup of curated activities are some of the fittest men and women in the industry!
- Rich Froning – Four-time individual winner of The Reebok CrossFit Games and two-time winner of the Affiliate Cup Championship at The Reebok CrossFit Games with his team CrossFit Mayhem Freedom
- Brooke Wells – Three-time Reebok CrossFit Games competitor. Brooke finished first at 2018 The Reebok CrossFit Central Regional. This will be her fourth visit to the Games.
- Josh Bridges – Retired Navy SEAL turned CrossFit Games competitor. Josh secured his fifth trip to The Reebok CrossFit Games this year by winning the 2018 Reebok CrossFit West Regional
- Dan Bailey – Five-year individual Reebok CrossFit Games veteran
- Patrick Vellner – Two-time podium finisher at The Reebok CrossFit Games. Pat finished in third place in the 2016 and 2017 Reebok CrossFit Games and is headed back in 2018 after finishing in first place at the 2018 Reebok CrossFit East Regional
- Chyna Cho – Five-time Reebok CrossFit Games athlete. Chyna placed third in the 2018 Reebok CrossFit West Regional, and is headed back to the games for her sixth appearance
- Margaux Alvarez – First-place finisher in the 2018 Reebok CrossFit South Regionals competition, securing her sixth visit to the 2018 Games
- Conor Murphy – Retired Navy Seal. Member of the 2017 CrossFit Games team, Reebok CrossFit One
- Jen Smith – Three-time Reebok CrossFit Games athlete, who placed fifth in the 2018 Reebok CrossFit East Regionals competition – securing her fourth trip to the 2018 Games
- Elijah Muhammad – Two-time Reebok CrossFit Games athlete
- James Hobart – Eight-time CrossFit Games veteran. Member of three Reebok CrossFit Games Affiliate Cup Championship teams. The only person to ever be a member of two different Affiliate Cup Championship teams
- Spencer Hendel – Spencer is a six-time individual Reebok CrossFit Games veteran. He will be making his seventh trip to The CrossFit Games this summer as a member of the Reebok CrossFit One team
- Austin Malleolo – Four-time Reebok CrossFit Games athlete who will return for his fifth trip to the Games in 2018 with his team, Reebok CrossFit One
If you have ever dreamed of training with top athletes in the sport, then book now and make those wishes a reality! With an entire crew of incredible athletes to coach and train with you, you will feel inspired and rejuvenated every day! It doesn’t matter how fit you are, or how long you have been training, everyone is welcome.
Hanging with your favorite CrossFit athletes if beyond affordable! Rates start at $575 per person for a basic interior room shared amongst four people. A solo room in the ship’s most expensive suite tops $5,000.